Community

Good afternoon, Last week, while attending the Hunt Club Community Association and Riverside Park Community Association meetings, I mentioned that the winter parking ban rules will be amended this year. I asked for and acquired the following (see below), which has been shared with all members of...

A lot of comprehensive, detailed information came out from the Ontario Government on November 3. The government announced a new COVID-19 response framework, which colour codes different situations as it relates to COVID-19. The full document can be found here. As of 12:01 AM this Saturday, November...

As part of the City's By-law Review Workplan, City staff are currently conducting a review of the Clothing Donation Box By-Law. This review will examine the current regulations with respect to the operation of clothing donation boxes within the City of Ottawa. City staff will use the...

Welcome to the New Civic Development CheckPoint newsletter! In September, the Board of Governors for The Ottawa Hospital officially launched the next stage of development for the new Civic Campus. Planning is well underway. When it opens in the spring of 2028, the new Civic will be...

Thank you to all the residents who joined me online today for the first-ever virtual version of the Older Adult Summit.  The presentations from Ottawa Public Health and the Council on Aging in Ottawa were very well received. Below you can re-watch the video from the...

Mayor Jim Watson and Councillor Matthew Luloff, Council Liaison for Veteran and Military Issues, launched the new Veterans Task Force today – a network of partners working to inspire social responsibility, proactive collaboration and support for veterans and their families. The Veterans Task Force aims to...

The City of Ottawa is reviewing its ward boundaries. The last major review was completed in 2005 and established the City’s 23 wards. Ward boundaries must be reviewed periodically to balance population numbers and achieve other components of effective representation, as established by the Supreme Court...

Please find below the links to the powerpoint presentation from the public consultation on October 22, 2020. 2021 Budget Councillor Led Consultations_EN 2021 Budget Councillor Led Consultations_FR...