Community

Testing for your safety The City of Ottawa will be testing about 10,000 fire hydrants in the south, central and west ends of the City from May to October. This maintenance procedure is routine but may result in temporary inconveniences. You may detect an intermittent and/or short...

The following memo was provided by OC Transpo and provides an overview of the transit service changes that will be starting on Sunday, June 28 and Monday, June 29, 2015. These changes are part of OC Transpo’s regular schedule adjustments, which take place four times...

Following an update from city officials, I can provide the following update on the future pedestrian crossing planned for Fisher Avenue at Tunis Avenue. City Officials are currently wrapping up the design work required for the signalized pedestrian crossing.  Once completed, the designs would need to...

The Central Park neighbourhood will see improvements to its largest park in the coming weeks, when Celebration Park receives new playground equipment, park furniture and some new trees. Construction for the playground improvements at Celebration Park is anticipated to begin at the beginning of May, 2015...

Dear Residents, The City’s Forestry Department conducts a yearly tree planting program across the City of Ottawa to help beautify the city streetscapes, plant trees where they are needed, and to improve the environment. This year’s tree planting program is scheduled to begin the week of...

Dear Residents, I wanted to provide an update I have received from the City’s Forestry Department with respect to the maintenance of the parks in our local communities that have been affected by the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB). As I am sure you have noticed, we have...

The City of Ottawa is warning residents to be vigilant of door-to-door salespeople making false claims about the quality of City drinking water. The City has received complaints from residents who have been contacted by vendors selling water-filtration or treatment systems and providing incorrect information about...

Ottawa – The Recreation eGuide and Mon Cyberguide francophone des loisirs are now online at ottawa.ca for spring and summer programs. Choose from a wide variety of activities including swimming lessons, fitness classes and summer camps. Registration for swimming and aquafitness classes begins online and by...

Starting Monday, March 2, the public will be able to take advantage of more comfortable, convenient and reliable O-Train Trillium Line service with the completion of the expansion project, which includes the introduction of six new Alstom Coradia Lint trains. The new service will operate four...

I often receive many inquiries and requests from residents on the snow removal operations for their respective streets. I have recently received the following update with information on snow removal operations across Ottawa. Weather permitting, City crews are removing snow daily and nightly. With three snow...