Ottawa – The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following services and schedule changes for Friday, March 30, Good Friday, and Monday, April 2, Easter Monday.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, April 3.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, April 3.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons living with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Good Friday’s pick-up will take place on Saturday, March 31 and Easter Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, April 3. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the week of April 2. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential collection of bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Good Friday’s pick-up will take place on Saturday, March 31 and Easter Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, April 3. Recycling container collection and green bin will also be delayed by one day for the week of April 2. However, multi-residential garbage collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regular scheduled day during the week of April 2.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule on Good Friday. On Easter Monday there will be minor schedule reductions and school routes numbered in the 600s and supplementary school trips will not be in operation. Shopper Route 301 will operate. Call 613‑560‑1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real time schedule information. For more information on holiday schedules and travel planning, visit com or phone 613‑741‑4390.
Family DayPass Offers Super Value!
- On Good Friday, as well as Saturdays and Sundays, a family or group may travel all day with a DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.50 from the bus operator when you board, or from ticket machines located at four stations on O-Train Line 2, the Trillium Line. A family or group includes up to six people with a maximum of two who are ages 13 or older.
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open on Easter Monday from 8:30 am to 9 pm; however, will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Customer Service Centres at Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans and St-Laurent stations will be closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.
- Transit Information Centre (613‑741‑4390) will operate from 8 am to 9 pm on Good Friday and from 7 am to 9 pm on Easter Monday.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be closed Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled for these days. Customers may start booking trips one week prior to the holiday by calling 613-244-7272. On Easter Sunday, regular scheduled trips will not be cancelled.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
- Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
- Reservations (613-244-7272) – open 7 am to 5 pm However, the line remains open until 12:30 am for inquiries and other general information
- Cancellation/information/general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open 6 am to 12:30 am
- Pools, arenas and fitness centres will be operating on modified schedules on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, including public swimming, fitness, aquafitness and public skating. Additional swimming and skating sessions will be offered at many sites. Please check ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Barbara Ann Scott Gallery, Karsh Masson Gallery and City Hall Art Gallery at City Hall will remain open over the Easter weekend.
- Billings Estate National Historic Site and Cumberland Heritage Village Museum will be open for Easter special events on Saturday, March 31.
- Arts centres, archives, galleries and theatres will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. However, you should check with ca or your facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed from Friday, March 30 to Monday, April 2 for Easter weekend.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The Sexual Health Centre clinics will be closed Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- The Dental Clinics and Parenting in Ottawa Drop-Ins will be closed Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- The SITE Needle and Syringe Program – SITE Office and Supervised Injection Services at 179 Clarence Street will be operating on a regular schedule Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday from 9 am to 9 pm; the SITE Mobile Van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 pm to 11:30 pm
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Line will be closed Good Friday and Easter Monday; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on ca.
Municipal child care services:
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. However, they will operate as usual on Saturday, March 31. Regular hours will resume Tuesday, April 3.