21 Aug Fall 2020 Transit Service Changes
Fall 2020 transit service changes that will start on Sunday, August 30, 2020. School services will resume and service levels on routes serving post-secondary institutions may be adjusted further depending on the needs of customers traveling to and from those locations.
For the full list of transit service changes for the fall, visit the OC Transpo website at https://www.octranspo.com/en/plan-your-trip/service-changes/
· Service on O-Train Line 1 will be increased so that trains run every 3 to 4 minutes in the morning peak period
· Upon completion of the bus-only extension of Raven Road to connect with Bronson Avenue at Carleton University, replacement buses for O-Train Line 2, as well as Routes 10 and 111, will be modified to use the new roadway. This will reduce travel times for customers and will improve the reliability of service on these routes.
· Select trips on Routes 6, 7, 10, 12, 18, 25, 39, 40, 44, 61, 63, 66, 75, 87, 88, 93, 99, 111, 179, 234, 235, 236, 256, 257, 270, 272, and 277 will be temporarily suspended to respond to reduced ridership demand across the system, due to COVID-19.
Seasonal Service Changes
· School trips and school routes in the 600-series will resume and new school routes will be operational. Changes to school service have been made based on observed ridership levels and in consultation with school boards, based on students’ past and current travel needs. Additional adjustments may be required depending on decisions by the Province and the four school boards.
Seasonal Capacity Adjustments
· With the start of the fall semester, seasonal reductions on routes serving post-secondary institutions will end. Additional adjustments may be required depending on decisions by the institutions on on-campus versus distance learning.
· Service levels on O-Train Line 2 replacement buses and Routes 10 and 111 serving Carleton University will be increased from the summer.
Summer Weekend Service to Seasonal Destinations
· The last day of operation for the seasonal service on Route 25 to the Canada Aviation and Space Museum, Route 139 to Petrie Island, and Route 185 to the Canada Agriculture Museum will be Monday, September 7.