Ottawa – There are activites for the whole family, and the following service and schedule changes are in place for Family Day on Monday, February 20.
Mayor Jim Watson invites residents to join him for the Mayor’s Annual Family Day Skating Party from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Sens Rink of Dreams at City Hall.The party will include special guests and fun family activities inside and out.The Tim Hortons Coffee Truck will be serving free coffee and hot chocolate.
- Sens Rink of Dreams at Ottawa City Hall is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. The heated changing facility is open daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Skating Court, located at Lansdowne Park, is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., and the heated changing facility is open daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., weather permitting. Visit ottawa.ca to confirm if the facility is open.
- Ben Franklin Place Skating Rink and the heated changing facility, located at 101 Centrepointe Drive, are open daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., weather permitting.
- Pools, arenas and fitness centres will be operating on modified schedules on Monday, February 20, including public swimming, aquafitness, public skating and fitness schedules. Additional swimming and skating sessions will be offered at many sites. Please check ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Public skating will be offered at Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex, Jim Durrell Recreation Complex and Goulbourn Recreation Complex. Please check with ottawa.ca for details.
- Family Day is the final day of Winterlude 2017 and City Hall is an official site. Visit the official Winterlude website for a complete list of activities around the National Capital Region and for any schedule changes due to weather.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 21.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 21.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For individuals living with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY): 613-580-2401.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Monday, February 20. The collection of green bin, garbage and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the week of February 20. For curbside collection inquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Family Day. Collection will also be delayed by one day for the week of February 20. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of February 20.
- The Trail Road landfill site will be closed.
- OC Transpo will operate a revised weekday schedule on Family Day with minor reductions on some routes. School trips and Route 301 will not run. A family or group may travel all day with a DayPass which can be purchased for $10.25 from the bus operator when you board. A family or group includes up to six people with a maximum of two individuals aged 13 or older. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, visit com or phone 613-741-4390.
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centres will be open from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m., except the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The Transit Information Centre (613‑741‑4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Para Transpo operations:
o Customer service (613-842-3681) – open regular hours
o Administration (613-244-1289) – open regular hours
o Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – open regular hours
o Reservations (613-244-7272) – open regular hours
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The latest Food Premises and Personal Service Settings (tattoo and body piercing studios, hairdressing and barbershops, nail salons, electrolysis and various other services) public health inspection reports are available online 24/7.
- The Sexual Health Centre and Satellite Clinics will be closed.
- SITE program – SITE office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the SITE Mobile Van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Line (OPHIL) will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on Twitter, Facebook, WordPress and ottawa.ca.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres, Cumberland Heritage Village Museum, Pinhey’s Point Historic Site, Nepean Museum and Billings Estate National Historic Site will be closed. However, clients should check with ca or their facility to confirm holiday hours, as some exceptions may apply.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed on Monday, February 20 for the Family Day weekend.
Municipal child care services:
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed.
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Regular hours will resume Tuesday, February 21.
– 30 –