Wallford Way, Farlane Boulevard, Hilliard Avenue, Millbrook Crescent, Deer Park Road, and Fisher Avenue Road, Sewer and Watermain Replacement Project
The purpose of the project is to renew the aging infrastructure (sewers and watermains) on the above noted streets and to improve the existing trunk storm sewer system servicing the neighborhood.
The project limits are:
- Fisher Avenue (Meadowlands Drive to Deer Park Road)
- Deer Park Road (Fisher Avenue to Millbrook Crescent)
- Millbrook Crescent (Deer Park Road to Hilliard Avenue)
- Hilliard Avenue (245m east of Millbrook Crescent to Farlane Boulevard)
- Farlane Boulevard (Hilliard Avenue to Wallford Way)
- Wallford Way (Farlane Boulevard to Higwood Drive)
In addition to the sewer and watermain replacement, the project includes:
- Roads and sidewalks
- New sidewalk on the north side of Deer Park Road
- East-west bike lanes on Deer Park Road, with removal of on-street parking between Fisher Avenue and Millbrook Crescent
- New sidewalk on one side of Millbrook Crescent, Hilliard Avenue, Farlane Boulevard, and Wallford Way
- Segregated cycle tracks on Fisher Avenue
- Traffic calming measures on Deer Park Road between Millbrook Crescent and Fisher Avenue in the form of two flat top speed humps.
- Construction of a fully protected intersection at Fisher Avenue/Meadowlands Drive
- Utility relocations as required
The professional engineering firm J.L. Richards Limited has been retained by the City of Ottawa to develop preliminary and detailed design, specifications and contract documents.
Construction work was originally planned for 2019. With NCC’s Hog’s Back Bridge rehabilitation work tentatively scheduled to begin this coming summer requiring traffic to be detoured to Prince of Wales and impacting Fisher Ave, the City has rescheduled the construction of this project to 2020, subject to budget approval. This approach will mitigate mobility challenges in the area due to construction activities.
The detailed design will be presented to the community at a second Public Information Session in the Fall of 2019. Notifications will be sent sufficiently in advance.
Should you have any questions associated with this project, please contact the City’s Project Manager:
Kevin Gibbs, P.Eng.
Senior Engineer, Infrastructure Projects | Design & Construction Branch 2
Planning, Infrastructure and Economic Development Department | City of Ottawa
100 Constellation Crescent | Ottawa ON K2G 6J8
tel: 613-580-2424 ext: 16633