17 Aug Road closures during the Capital Pride parade
Motorists should expect road closures and lane reductions on the following streets between 7 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.:
- Bank Street between Catherine Street and Gladstone Avenue – closed in both directions
- Gladstone Avenue between O’Connor Street and Kent Street – closed in both directions
- O’Connor Street between Gladstone Avenue and Lewis Street – reduced to one lane
Roads along the parade route will also be closed, between noon and 4 p.m.:
- Gladstone Avenue, between Bank Street and Kent Street
- Kent Street, between Gladstone Avenue and Laurier Avenue West
- Laurier Avenue West, between Kent Street and Bank Street
- Bank Street, between Laurier Avenue West and Somerset Street West.
Parking will be prohibited on the parade route from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A Capital Pride community fair will take place at the end of the parade route, on Bank Street, between Somerset Street West and Florence Street. Street closures in this area will be in effect between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m.