05 Apr Dynes Road and Prince of Wales Drive – Major Neighbourhood Infrastructure Project
Thank you to all residents who attended the open house and public meeting on March 30 to review the final design plans for the water, sewer, and road renewal project on Dynes Road and Prince of Wales Drive. The plans that were displayed at the public meeting are now available for review on the project website at www.Ottawa.ca.
I heard a number of comments and concerns at the public meeting and I will be working with City staff to provide responses to some of the concerns that I heard at the meeting. If you wish to be added to my email list for the project, please send me an email at Riley.Brockington@Ottawa.ca.
The City of Ottawa is undertaking the reconstruction of Dynes Road (Fisher Avenue to Prince of Wales Drive) and Prince of Wales Drive (Dynes Road to Forest Hill Avenue). The existing storm sewer on Dynes Road and Prince of Wales Drive is to be replaced with a larger storm sewer to improve the storm sewer system for the area. The sanitary sewer and watermain will also be reconstructed along sections of Dynes Road and Prince of Wales Drive due to the age of the existing infrastructure. A new local storm sewer will be constructed on Prince of Wales Drive between Forest Hill Avenue and Villa Crescent.
In addition to the sewer and watermain construction, the following works are proposed:
- Full-road reconstruction on Dynes Road (Fisher Avenue to Prince of Wales Drive) including replacing curbs, replacing existing sidewalks with 1.8m wide sidewalks and construction of a new 1.8m wide curb and sidewalk on the south side of the road between Fisher Avenue and Claymor Avenue.
- Provision of on-street bike lanes on both sides of Dynes Road between Fisher Avenue and Prince of Wales Drive.
- Removal of some on-street parking on the south side of Dynes Road between Fisher Avenue and 847 Dynes Road to accommodate the proposed bike lanes. Parking bays will be provided on the south side of Dynes Road between 847 Dynes Road and Morley Avenue.
- Full-road reconstruction on Prince of Wales Drive (Dynes to Forest Hill) including new curbs, sidewalks and cycle tracks on both sides of the roadway.
- Reconstruction of the Dynes Road / Fisher Avenue and Dynes Road / Prince of Wales Drive intersections with protected cycle-track crossings. Parking bays will be provided on the east and west side of Prince of Wales Drive between Maryland Avenue and Villa Crescent.
- Relocation/reconstruction of utilities, as required.
- Potential relocation of the Greek Festival in 2018 for one year (decision yet to be made).
Tentative Project Timing
- Design: 2016/2017
- Tentative Construction Timelines:
- Dynes Road expected to begin construction summer 2017
- Prince of Wales Drive expected to begin late fall 2017.
- Construction substantial completion: Late Fall 2018
- Final paving and landscaping: Spring/Summer 2019
For further information, please contact:
Franco Bonanno, P.Eng.
Senior Engineer, Infrastructure Projects
Planning, Infrastructure and Economic Development Department
Design & Construction Branch
City of Ottawa, 100 Constellation Crescent
Ottawa, ON K2G 6J8
Tel: 613-580-2424 Ext. 21775
City Councillor, River Ward
110 Laurier Ave West
Ottawa, ON K2C 1T9