Ottawa – The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following services and schedule changes for Friday, April 14, Good Friday, and Monday, April 17, Easter Monday.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, April 18.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, April 18.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons living with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Good Friday’s pick-up will take place on Saturday, April 15 and Easter Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, April 18. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the week of April 17. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential collection of bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Good Friday’s pick-up will take place on Saturday, April 15 and Easter Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, April 18. Recycling container collection and green bin will also be delayed by one day for the week of April 17. However, multi-residential garbage collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regular scheduled day during the week of April 17.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule on Good Friday. On Easter Monday there will be minor schedule reductions and school routes numbered in the 600s and supplementary school trips will not be in operation. Shopper Route 301 will operate. Call 613‑560‑1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, visit us online or phone 613‑741‑4390.
Family DayPass Offers Super Value!
- On Good Friday, as well as Saturdays and Sundays, a family or group may travel all day with a DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.25 from the bus operator when you board. A family or group includes up to six people with a maximum of two who are ages 13 or older.
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centres will be closed Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open Easter Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Transit Information Centre (613‑741‑4390) will operate from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Good Friday and from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Easter Monday,
- OC Transpo Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be closed Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled for these days. Customers may start booking trips one week prior to the holiday by calling 613-244-7272. On Easter Sunday, regular scheduled trips will not be cancelled.
- Para Transpo operations:
o Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
o Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
o Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
o Reservations (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the line remains open until 12:30 a.m. for inquiries and other general information
o Cancellation/information/general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open 6 a.m.to 12:30 a.m.
- Pools, arenas and fitness centres will be operating on modified schedules on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, including public swimming, aquafitness, public skating and fitness schedules. Additional swimming and skating sessions will be offered at many sites. Please check ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Public skating will be offered at Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex, Jim Durrell Recreation Complex and Goulbourn Recreation Complex.
Ottawa Public Health:
- Site program – SITE office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday, however, the SITE Mobile Van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Line will be closed Good Friday and Easter Monday; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information.
- Billings Estate National Historic Site and Cumberland Heritage Village Museum will be open for Easter special events on Saturday, April 15.
- Arts centres, archives, galleries and theatres will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. However, you should check online or your facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply. Karsh-Masson Gallery, the Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the OAG Annex at City Hall will remain open over the Easter weekend.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed from Friday, April 14 to Monday, April 17 for Easter weekend.
Municipal child care services:
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. However, they will operate as usual on Saturday, April 15. Regular hours will resume Tuesday, April 18.
– 30 –