24 Sep Final 2020 Extended Household Hazardous Waste Depot Event
Public Works and Environmental Services is pleased to announce that the third and final extended Household Hazardous Waste Depot for 2020 will be held at the Barrhaven Snow Disposal Facility (Strandherd Drive and Dealership Drive). The Depot will be open from Wednesday, October 21 to Sunday, October 25 between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The same procedures that were in place for the two previous extended events will be in effect for the third event. For your awareness and as a reminder:
- Upon arrival, residents will be directed into a queue where they will wait their turn to park in a designated area. All vehicles will be spaced accordingly, and residents must remain in their vehicle at all times;
- Residents arriving on bicycles are permitted to drop-off materials, and they must follow the instructions provided by staff on site;
- The depot will accept household hazardous waste only. No electronic waste will be accepted;
- Residents can bring electronic waste to the Trail Road Landfill facility at no cost, or can contact a participating Take it Back member to arrange for proper disposal;
- Due to operating restrictions, bins, totes, gas cans, etc. will not be returned to the resident;
- The last vehicle will be emptied at 4:00 p.m.
Preparing for Next Year’s Depot Events
With significant uncertainty around the future of the ongoing pandemic, and based on the success of the Extended Household Hazardous Waste Depot events to-date, city staff will be considering the possibility of hosting similar extended events in 2021 as a contingency measure should normal depot events prove to not be viable.