13 Aug Register for the City’s fall and winter recreation programs
Do you want to shake up your routine? Check out the fall and winter edition of the online Recreation eGuide and Mon guide francophone des loisirs to discover the great selection of fitness, arts and general-interest classes that the City is offering for all ages and abilities. Here are just a few of the ways you can join in the fun:
- Dive into swimming lessons to develop a skill that keeps you fit.
- Put on your dancing shoes and move to your favourite rhythm, as you learn the moves for funky hip-hop, classic ballroom or glamorous Bollywood. Zumba and Zumba Gold will boost your vitality at any age.
- Feeling creative? Discover your medium for expressing yourself through painting, drawing or sculpting.
- Make new friends while you stay active by joining a sports league or taking classes in badminton, squash or skating.
- Build discipline, self-respect and confidence as you learn martial arts like judo, karate and taekwondo.
- Show your canine companion a tail-wagging good time learning basic obedience, good manners and fun tricks.
Registration is now open for all programs.
Fall is often the busiest time for registration, so make sure you’re ready to go before the rush starts. You’ll need a client barcode and family PIN numbers before you register, which you can get online ahead of time: visit ottawa.ca for more information. If you already have an account, you can add more family members or update your contact information when you sign in to register.
Here in River Ward, there are three community centres that offer recreation options.
- Alexander Community Centre, 960 Silver Street in the Carlington neighbourhood
- Carleton Heights Community Centre, 1665 Apeldoorn Ave., in the Carleton Heights Community
- Hunt Club – Riverside Park Community Centre, 3320 Paul Anka Drive, in the Hunt Club community.
You can find the links to their individual program guides below.