14 Dec Receive paperless billing for Property Tax and Water and Sewer accounts.
On December 14, 2016, the Corporate Services Department is launching a new service on My ServiceOttawa to City of Ottawa residents. Residents will have the ability to change billing method from mail to paperless billing for property tax as well as water and sewer accounts. In addition property tax online enhancements will give residents access to more account information.
The ServiceOttawa Program (2010-2014) introduced the My ServiceOttawa application which allows residents to interact with the City electronically. As part of the 2015-2018 Corporate Strategic Initiative to improve access to City services through digital service delivery, the Revenue Branch is increasing the online services to residents to include paperless billing, property tax enhancements (view payment history, view current property assessment value, view preauthorized payment schedule) and a list of requests submitted to Revenue Branch.
It is free to set up, easy to use and provides residents access to their account information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What do these new online services mean for residents?
Through their My ServiceOttawa account, residents can now:
• register for paperless billing
• receive an email notification in their language preference each time a bill is issued
• receive prompt bill delivery and reduction of paper
• view their current property assessment value
• view their property tax payment history (2 Years)
• view their property tax pre-authorized debit payment schedule
• view their property tax online request history (2 Years)
Residents will benefit by being able to receive paperless billing, enhanced account information, view and manage their accounts in one location.
You can access ServiceOttawa HERE.