22 Jun Laurentian Plaza – 1357 Baseline Road – Construction Begins
Posted at 12:02h in Development
Construction is about to begin at the corner of Baseline and Clyde, this approved development required no zoning changes.
What will be built at this location?
- There will be 2 apartment towers (15 storeys) with approximately 400 units
- One tower will be an apartment geared towards older adults, the other for a more mature demographic in need of care
- There will be some retail along Baseline – Smart Centres will be looking for suitable retailers
- Preliminary excavation has already started with some occasional blasting
- There will be 3 months of excavation and the total build will take 32 months to be completed by April 2024
- Construction workers will not parkin residential neighbourhoods and it is the responsibility of the builder to secure parking for them, expected to be on Laurentian Plaza property
- All construction vehicles are only permitted to enter and exit via Baseline Road
- All vehicles leaving the site will be hosed down and periodic street cleaning will occur
If you are looking for more detail on this development, they can be found here.
For any construction issues you can reach out directly to Rudy Hamel, the Senior Director of Development:
As always, you can reach out to my office: