13 Mar Ottawa Libraries to close for three weeks
This note is following on the recent announcement by the Mayor to close City facilities where the public gathers, including library branches.
This preventative measure has been put into play to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 within the community. The closures will be effective Monday March 16, 2020 for three weeks (April 5, 2020) and will be reassessed as we get closer to the date.
OPL Senior Management team is working to get messaging out to staff and customers as soon as possible. This is what they are doing to alleviate some of the potential customer concerns:
- Due dates on all materials have been extended, to alleviate the worry about returning materials.
- Holds have been suspended, and pick up expiry dates extended
- Meeting room rentals are cancelled, and all fees will be refunded
- Computer bookings, programs, events and outreach activities are cancelled.
Staff where possible will be working from home and other staff will continue working on site and in back offices to ensure the following service delivery:
- Info Service, our virtual branch, remains open to provide service by phone and email
- You can download e-books, e-audiobooks and magazines, stream movies and music, read newspapers and access other online resources from the comfort of your home with an OPL library card.
- We will be providing online programming and activities for all ages, and so please visit the OPL website regularly.