15 Dec Simplified OC Transpo fares start New Year’s Day
Fare change highlights:
- All routes will require regular fare only (including Connexion routes – the former Express routes).
- Express fares will no longer be charged and a unified monthly pass will replace the separate Regular and Express Passes.
- Cash fare is reduced and single-ride fares are adjusted so that cash and e-Purse prices are more closely aligned.
- A new Youth Pass for those aged six to 19 will replace the Student Monthly Pass. Children aged five and under continue to ride for free.
- No top ups will be required on Para Transpo, including for Community Pass holders who are Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) recipients.
- A new Access Pass will be available to Para Transpo registrants who are not ODSP recipients. The Access Pass will be the same price as the Community Pass and provides unlimited travel on conventional service and a one-third discount from the single-ride fare for trips on Para Transpo.
Express Pass customer must switch to Regular Pass by January 1
If you are a Presto user and normally purchase (or auto-renew) an Express Pass for January, you must switch to a Regular Pass online at prestocard.ca, or in person at an OC Transpo Customer Service Centre. If you use auto-renew your contract will be cancelled and you must create a new one with a Regular Pass.
For detailed information on fares, customers should visit octranspo.com or call OC Transpo at 613-741-4390.
Reminder: Winter service changes
New winter service and schedule adjustments will go into effect Sunday, December 25. Customers should visit octranspo.com and use the new travel planner to see if their normal trips are affected.