11 Jul Traffic Advisory – Hog’s Back Bridge maintenance work on July 12
Hog’s Back Bridge may close to all traffic—pedestrians, cyclists and motor vehicles—during preventive maintenance, on Thursday, July 12, at 10 am until 11 am.
If closures are required, travellers will not be able to use Hog’s Back Road to cross the river and canal.
With all of the construction-related activities under way, residents are encouraged to be flexible with commuting times, stagger work hours or use alternative means for travel. The public is asked to consider options such as public transit, walking, cycling or carpooling.
The City of Ottawa has tools to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute, including the following:
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report (outlining city-wide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours)
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com (transit users can chart and plan routes)
- Interactive traffic map (showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city)
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras along Highway 417
- Cycling maps and information (detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city)
The National Capital Commission urges motorists, cyclists and pedestrians to exercise caution, respect working crews and equipment, and obey signage and flag persons at the site.