Community

Kirwood Avenue redesign public consultation

On December 2, I consulted with residents regarding a plan to decrease the travel lanes on Kirkwood from 4 to 2 and use the surplus space to create bike lanes in each direction. It is proposed to also include a middle turning lane.  Thank you to all those who participated, a video was recorded for resident who were unable to attend.

To view video of session, click on the following link: Kirkwood Avenue Design Public Consultation - Dec 2, 2021

To view draft presentation, click on the following link: Kirkwood Avenue Presentation

Holly Jolly Jamboree

Please join myself, the River Ward team, and fellow community members at the Annual River Ward Holly Jolly Jamboree. Saturday, December 11 from 1pm to 3pm.

For more information, email Rhiannon.Wilson@Ottawa.ca

Link to facebook event click here

2022 Draft Budget Public Consultation   Dear friends and neighbours of River Ward, You will have two River Ward opportunities in the coming weeks to be informed on the City’s draft budget for 2022.I, along with some of my Council colleagues, have organized virtual consultation sessions for residents...

ASHCROFT DEVELOPMENT (130/136 CENTRAL PARK)-

CONSTRUCTION BEGINS

Earlier this week, construction began at 130/136 Central Park Drive. 

What will be built at this location?

• There will be 2 towers (8 and 10 stories) with approximately 350 units
    • The gross floor area of the two new buildings combined is 3,810 square metres 
    • Preliminary excavation has already started with some occasional blasting which is regulated by the province
  • There will be 2 months of excavation and the total build will take 25 months to be completed by 2023 
  • Any workers on site will not be parking in residential neighborhoods and it is the responsibility of the builder to secure parking for them
  • All construction vehicles will be exiting the site along Central Drive to Merivale
    • All vehicles leaving the site will be hosed down and periodic street cleaning will occur 

If you are looking for more detail on this development, they can be found here

For any construction issues you can reach out directly to:
Hunter Chen (Project Manager)
E-Mail: hchen@ashcrofthomes.ca 
Phone: 613-226-7266 ext 225 

As always, you can reach out to my office: 
E-Mail: Riley.Brockington@Ottawa.ca 
Phone: 613-580-2486  

Additional updates will be posted as new information becomes available.